Sac State Downtown 111Room Type: Recording Ready
University Classroom Designation: Lecture
Last Updated: 2018-08-20
Have questions? Call (916)278-7337 option 1
This room is equipped with Mediasite Lecture Capture technology. You can use Mediasite to record your in-class lecture for online viewing as a study tool or to "Flip" your classroom for a future section.
- You can use one of two different laptop connections in the classroom to show your laptop or device on the in-room display. The room comes equipped with VGA and HDMI cables.
- There is a school provided computer at the instructors station that is available for you to use. Simply sign in with your SacState ID and password and gain access to your U Drive and campus network and resources.
- Sharelink provides the room with wireless presentation technology. You can use any laptop, tablet, or phone and share your screen to the in-room display. Connect using Apple Airplay or the Sharelink application. Wireless presentation technology allows you to walk around with your iPad, or be anywhere in the room with you laptop. Please see the instruction section below for details on how to connect to the Sharelink.
- Ceiling Microphone
- Document Camera
- Laptop Connection
- Lecture Capture Recorder
- Mic System
- Touch Panel
- Web Cam
- Wireless Mic Handheld
- Wireless Mic Lapel
- Collapsible Wall
- Flexible Furniture
Remote education rooms are rooms that have camera and microphone inputs into a PC or available for a laptop for Zoom or other software based distribution. Many of our classrooms have a permenantly installed camera and faculty microphone that tie into the PC in the space. The in-room installed camera and microphones can not be tied into a laptop and the in-room PC must be used.Starting Zoom in the Classroom
A video explaining the different ways to access your recurring Zoom meetings for your class.
Using your laptop or tablet
If you would like to use a laptop or tablet we recommend that you use the in-room PC as the primary Zoom computer and you sign into the Zoom meeting with your laptop or tablet. This will allow you share the screen of your laptop or tablet while still utilizing the installed in-room camera and microphone systems.
Ceiling Mounted Camera
This room is equipped with a ceiling mounted Pan Tilt Zoom camera. You can change the angle of the camera using the touch panel at the podium. There are three 3 primary presets that are applicable to all rooms with this style of camera.
- The first preset will be the one that focuses on the Podium location.
- The second preset will zoom out and shift slightly from the first preset to capture the podium and nearest whiteboard.
- The third preset will zoom out greatly to cover as much of the front of the room as possible.
Ceiling Mounted Microphone
This room is equipped with a ceiling microphone. This microphone can capture faculty and student audio. There is no interaction necessary to use this microphone as it is always being fed into the PC for Zoom audio.
Below are links to instructions for the podium touch panel and other features in this classroom.
Sharelink Wireless Laptop Connection Instructions
Below are links to instructions for the Sharelink wireless laptop connection in this room.
Please contact Space Management at email@example.com or 916-278-6507 directly for all classroom reservation questions. You can also find information on the Space Management website at Link to Space Management's website
If you don't see your room here please check our Quick Guide!